Sunday, April 29, 2012

And now a forward-looking blog post!


So this past week I finished my last exams which means my 1st year of my MBA is now finished. Pretty surreal! I’ve done the reflection thing already so now it is time for a forward-looking blog post.

-For the prospective marketers-
The class of 2013 (i.e. my cohort) includes a lot of pretty passionate marketers (including myself) DETERMINED to make Rotman THE marketing school for MBAs. We’ve learned a lot from:
-Seeing how the Rotman Marketing Association did things this past year
-What other MBA schools are doing for their marketing-focused students
-Seeing what the corporate connections centre does and does not do for us marketing people
And how to build a better "marketing school" from this. 
Our Rotman Marketing Association exec team is amazing (full disclosure, I am one of the vice-presidents of the incoming Rotman Marketing Association executive team ;-); I can’t wait for you to meet all of us! You will do well to come to Rotman next year if marketing is your thing.

-Rotman in general-
-We were actually pretty lucky that the Graduate Business Council (GBC) this year was amazing. The events they had for us were so amazing and fun. Through this, we got to see how a really awesome GBC can work and will be leveraging this awesome knowledge as the GBC for the 2012-2013 academic year. Get ready for fun….to the max!!!
-We get a brand new building. It looks pretty awesome (right next door to the existing building). So you guys will be the first to break in the chairs, desks, etc. How delightful!
-Despite what you may think, the profs are very receptive and responsive to feedback that is given to them throughout and at the end of the semesters by us students. You guys will get the benefit of our prof reviews with a great 1st year curriculum..
-Because I am living in London for most of this summer and then going on exchange in the fall I may not see most of you newbies until January (although I will be in Toronto mid-august so hopefully a Rotman social event ensues so I can meet you guys) but rest assured, all of us soon-to-be-2nd-year students are a delightful bunch…You will have a blast with us!

Finally, while I am on my internship in London, I will be using this blog to blog about my experiences working and living in London. I hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you
    The information you shared is very informative.

    MBA Admission

    ReplyDelete
  2. An MBA degree helps you in quickly climbing up the corporate ladder with a handsome salary package alongside a respectable designation.

    ReplyDelete