Friday, November 25, 2011

Social commentary

I forget if I mentioned this in one of my earlier posts but Rotman separates the entire year of students into sections and you are with that one section for the entire semester. That is, out of apprx 260 students in the Rotman MBA Class of 2013, all of your classes from Sep-Dec are with the same apprx 65 ppl. Each section has different schedules so it ends up being that you do most of your school work with your section and see your section most of the time (since everyone else is on other schedules).

While the social events we do are AWESOME, they are events for everyone in school so it is hard to get some solid chill time in with people from the other sections.

This week by chance, I got to hang out casually (i.e. not a school party, not a school club event, not in the Rotman halls) with some of my friends from the other sections that I unfortunately really hadn’t spoken too that much in the last little while and it made me realize, I MISS THESE GUYS!!! Because of the section splits it’s definitely a bummer we don’t get to hang out that often and I really wish we could!!

And on the subject of friends, non-MBA friends, you are probably thinking I am a huge jerk on account of not having called any of you in the last 3 months. I know I HATE when someone says to me as an excuse “ohhhhhh I’ve just been sooooooo busy.” I think it’s a load of BS. So I’m not going to say it. What I will say is my life since Sep can be summed up as this: class, homework, social events related to school, sleep. Which I hope explains my social non-existence outside of school. I don’t know if it excuses it but I hope it explains it. J Rest assured, as soon as I am done exams, if any of you message me to get a beer, there is a 100% chance I will say yes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment