Saturday, October 1, 2011

One month of school…feels like a year!!

So today is October 1 meaning I have been at Rotman for 1 month. Although with the speed at which things go around here, it feels a lot more like it’s been a year. In undergrad, one month might involve a test, a group project and a social event. Here, that’s one week…every week.

As you may know, Rotman’s big thing is “Integrated Thinking” and I know a lot of you are probably wondering what that even means. None of us even knew when we started school! But now I have a pretty good sense of it….

The workload in our Integrated Thinking class is completely insane- 150+ pages of reading on a weekly basis, group projects due in a matter of days (i.e. 3) requiring use of software we have to learn on our own and then use to complete said projects, etc. I have also heard many horror stories about how the final exam is horrendous. Nonetheless, the class is incredibly interesting. It basically combines psychology, sociology and business together to help us be better managers (and people in general). You’ll have to spend the $90,000 to come to school and find out specifically what I mean though. ;-)

Something cool I forgot to mention in my last blog was I attended the first meeting of the latin america business club a few days ago. We opted to do the whole meeting in spanish. At 1st I was a bit nervous as most Spanish accents I am fine with but some, I really have to focus to understand (i.e. Venezuelan, Cuban). So I was a bit nervous that I would miss some key points. However, 1.5 hours of presenters and I understood every single word! Woo-hoo!! So I guess I am bilingual?

2 more weeks of class and then exams. I am praying every day that I come out the other side alive!! It’s going to be nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment