Saturday, September 17, 2011

So many activities!!!

Week 2 left me feeling a lot like Will Ferrell in Step Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSpCk1VWGAI

SO MANY ACTIVITIES!!

We had the Clubs Fair and International Fair this week which left me quite overstimulated. There are so many cool things you can get involved in on campus I really didn’t know where to start! As it stands, I joined the following clubs:

-Management Consulting Association (they apparently have the toughest job interviews so I figure if I can learn how to succeed in a consulting interview, surely I can succeed in any other)

-Marketing Association (for obvious reasons)

-Latin American Business Club (Spanish is one of my life obsessions, so this was a must)

-Business & Technology Group (to get even better connected with the tech space, one of my other huge interests)

-Entertainment & Media Association (An industry I find incredibly fascinating and would love to learn more about on the biz side)

-Rotman Sports Business Club (another industry I’d like to learn more about)

I am probably not going to be able to do everything in every club- probably focus more on 1 or 2 clubs than the rest as the year goes on- but I figure at least by being a member of all, I can go to the events that interest me.

For international opportunities, Rotman has a few really cool things going on:

-Exchange programs with all of the top schools outside North America

-“International study tours” to India, China, Latin America and Europe. These are basically 2 weeks trips to any of these regions where you visit some of the major companies of the region, learn about business practices there, culture, etc. Obviously, I will be applying to go on the Latin America one. ;-)

On the academic side, the workload is as crazy as ever. I can’t believe it has only been 2 weeks. It feels like a semester has gone by already!! The pace is just so incredibly fast that planning (for me anyways) is incredibly important. I have settled into a pretty good routine although that will most definitely change when:

A) clubs activities get into full swing

B) I am faced with our killer exam sched: 5 exams in 6 days Oct 16-21. Hopefully I am still alive and/or still a student at rotman come Oct 22 hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment